June 10, 2013
2014 ICPEI brokers' calendar
Share your milestone moments with us by entering our calendar contest.
The 2014 ICPEI brokers' calendar theme is Stepping Stones. Please send us your photos of those big or small moments that mark where you are on the way to where you will be; you finally hiked to the top of that mountain, maybe your daughter is learning to ride a bike, or you're savouring the moment you can finally retire to the cottage. From celebrations of family, to personal achievements in the great outdoors and precious memories, we're asking customers to show us their stepping stone snapshots because we've been with them every step of the way, providing the insurance protection they need.
We'll select 13 entries to feature in our calendar, which will hang in households and businesses all over Canada. We give $500 to each of the 13 winning entries.
Submission rules and guidelines
- Amateur photographers only.
- Photographers must be residents of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.
- Three entries per person are allowed.
- Thirteen photos will be chosen for use in the calendar. The submitting photographer will receive $500 for each winning entry.
- All submissions must be made by emailing digital image files. Do not submit prints and/or slides. Attachments should not exceed 20 MB per email.
- If needed, images can be emailed separately so long as it is indicated that this is submission 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc.
- File formats accepted: JPG, TIF, PNG and BMP. Images must be flattened, do not submit layered files.
- File formats immediately rejected: CR2 (or other RAW formats), PSD, PDF, GIF and photos taken with any cellphone camera.
- Resolution of images must be capable of being reproduced at a minimum size of 8" x 10" at 300 dots per inch or pixels per inch (dpi/ppi). ICPEI cannot guarantee a printed colour reproduction match.
- Include with each photo:
- Your name
- Your town/city and province
- Your phone number
- General description of where the photo was taken and the names of all identifiable people in the photo
- A brief sentence about why it represents a stepping stone moment
- ICPEI will not use any photos featuring clearly recognizable individuals unless the individual submitting the photo signs a release indicating they have acquired permission for both print and online publication use from all people appearing in the photo, including the permission of a parent or guardian for anyone under the age of 18.
- ICPEI reserves the right to crop and/or compose winning entries with other design elements.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Submissions will be accepted until midnight July 31, 2013.
- Winning entries will be notified by return email and a signed release will be required.
- ICPEI will be posting submitted photos on its Facebook page and corporate websites as a means of engaging the public in the calendar contest. By submitting your photo you are granting SGI the right to use your photo and name online for this purpose. You are also confirming you have acquired all necessary permissions of photo subjects.
- Employees of SGI, SGI CANADA, SGI CANADA Insurance Services Ltd., Coachman Insurance Company and Insurance Company of Prince Edward Island and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
Please send entries or questions to:
Subject line: Calendar submission